[SEL] Re: Electrolysis - Summary of Responses

Peter A Forbes diesel at easynet.co.uk
Sun Sep 19 11:34:54 PDT 2004

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 14:01:03 -0400, you wrote:

>IF you use washing soda and not anything more caustic you shouldn't have
>problems with MOST other metals.
>DO NOT use stainless steel for the electrodes, (nasty toxic stuff
>results)
>Make sure you have the polarity correct, unless you like the pitted
>swiss cheese look !!!!
>DON'T swim in the tank !!!!!
>

>Steve

Thanks, Steve,

I'll have to investigate the Stainless Steel problems, as we have a few guys who
seem to use it without problem, while others warn of the Chromates issue.

Graphite has come up as a preferred material, although more expensive than using
rebar or other steel/iron materials.

Peter

--
Peter & Rita Forbes