[Fwd: [SEL] Nat Rally Clarification!] - could a day or rally pass be made available

Paul Pavlinovich pjp at steamengine.com.au
Fri Sep 17 15:23:09 PDT 2004

Hi Adam,
Pleased to see someone from the committee speaking up - I hope you do
not cop to much flack for it.

Considering that a number of people are attending from OS and other non
club members (eg. press photographers) why not offer a different type of
'visitor' entry which includes some form of associate membership to your
club and the $12 insurance to allow compound entry. I'm sure if the
option was widely known it would be taken up. If you were to include the
information in the handouts to exhibitors and keep the passes &
paperwork at the "office" then it would probably work pretty well.

It would be worth taking this up with the NHMA themselves, and see if
some sort of compound entry "day pass" or multi-day "rally pass" could
be arranged within the current insurance agreement.

The reason I ask is simple, but requires a little background: I am a
member of Emerald & District and have NHMA coverage, but at the last
national was exhibiting with Puffing Billy Railway so did not bother to
bring my NHMA card as PB has its own insurance and I was covered under
that. Unfortunately on the day the hosting club decided that meant we
could be in our own compound but no other. The next day I found another
club willing to sell me insurance (Sale Tractor) but I really had to
work at finding it - Heyfield were not interested in helping at all.

I may be attending Naracoorte, but if I do it will most likely be as a
visitor rather than an exhibitor because I have two kids and I have to
think about them - until they're old enough to be associates in my club
and have their own insurance cards it curtails my rally going to a few
local one day events because I cannot just take off for a long weekend
abandoning everyone else.

Paul