[SEL] Hurricane Ivan

jbcast at charter.net jbcast at charter.net
Thu Sep 16 19:06:16 PDT 2004

> Just been catching up on the lunchtime news, looks like the south-eastern US is
> going to take another pasting real soon:
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3655550.stm
>
> This is the BBC's website page on the hurricane, the track seems to be taking a
> big sweep across the south-eastern states and then north-eastwards.
>
> Hope you guys are well battened down and got all your engines packed away, we
> also hope that nobody gets hurt.
>
> Peter

We missed it Peter, had us worried for a while. They had been predicting a turn to the NE, but it didn't do it until the last minute. We had some wind gust but no rain.
We're west of New orleans and north of Grand Isle, been seeing a steady stream of evacuees, going and coming.
J.B.Castagnos
Belle Rose, LA