[SEL] Nat Rally Reg's New Letter

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Thu Sep 16 05:21:33 PDT 2004

Hi George,

I would put those butt-buggy incidents in the same category as traffic
accidents or thefts on the grounds.  Those aren't related to the
exhibits.  Thanks for the input though.

Portland has every right to be concerned about butt buggies.  Despite
their best efforts, they continue to be badly abused.

And while I'm on that soapbox, let me vent on a related pet peeve.  Fat
isn't "handicapped."  I continue to see "handicapped use" butt buggies
being used by folks whose only problem is that they can't quit stuffing
food into their pie hole.  The most dramatic examples were at the Findlay
Ohio show this August.

There was one fella, mid to late 20's, had to weigh 500-700 lbs.  His arm
was a blur as he continued to feed.  Think Jabba the Hut.  The golf cart
could not fully contain his bulk, fortunatly his driver was skinny.  Then
by way of contrast, there were a number of folks (both men and women),
some I'm guessing former farmers, who appeared to have been badly injured
at one time, as they were in obvious pain as they struggled to slowly
walk the show grounds using canes, walkers, etc.  But walk the grounds
they did!!  My hat's off to them!  Too bad that Jabba the Hut probably
didn't notice.

See ya,  Arnie