[SEL] Stupid People

jlb94 at juno.com jlb94 at juno.com
Wed Sep 15 18:08:41 PDT 2004

Excuse me? This clown was driving his cleated traction engine on new
asphalt, tearing up a freshly paved road.  He had been variously asked
then told not to.  But it's the "asshole cops" that are the stupid ones?
=        =        =        =
It was my understanding that the road was to be resurfaced AFTER the
event.

Permission WAS obtained from the Twp. Sup. (or whatever) to drive the
Traction Engine on the road to the Show Grounds.

I don't care to get into a pissing match with anyone on the list - steam
guy or not.
I am totally convinced that this explosion was NOT caused by Operator
Error - but rather- Operator Distraction.
=        =        =
By the way - I attended an Excellent Show this weekend in Ohio.  Good
amount of Steam Traction Engines - Lots of Gas Tractors - Lots of Gas
Engines - No Ropes - No Fences - No Barriers - Everyone seemed to know
how to line up and set up their exhibit to the rear or the side of their
vehicles.  Selling and buying  was allowed in the show area. No exhibitor
fee.  No camping fee.  Power hookups if needed.  Fuel & water supplied.
No Insurance Bullshit.
It was one of the best I've attended.

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com
,-._,-.          "Toys are so sophisticated these days
\/)"(\/           that they can play with each other."
(_o_)          http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz