[SEL] Nat Rally Reg's New Letter

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Wed Sep 15 17:15:29 PDT 2004

In a message dated 9/15/2004 9:14:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Carrowor at comcast.net writes:

<< Because the engine was low on
 water so the engineer was headed to the closest water supply and didn't take
 the time to lay his planks to cross the paved road!!!!  >>

Bob,

>From what I have read and been told, the owner had just driven the engine
from his farm up the road to the show.  Did he loose all that water in the short
drive?  And if he was low on water, why did he inject it to cause the boiler
to blow? Guess we will never know the answer to that question?

Tom Schmutz
Concord, Va. USA
Germoamer at aol.com