[SEL] horsepower formula

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Wed Sep 15 05:24:02 PDT 2004

> > Dave, what you should be ashamed of is your math, I came up
> > with 14.35hp, not to bad for a generic formula. If you need
> > some help figuring the area of the piston contact me off list.
> > J.B. Castagnos
> > Belle Rose, LA
> JB,
> Try to go easy on the guy.  He's a sociology professor, you know.
> He's a product of a LIBERAL arts education, so it is NOT HIS FAULT
> that he doesn't understand math.
> Rob

Hi Both of you,
    YUP--math was NEVER my strong point--but I didn't think it was that bad
either. I guess that math skills must be the second thing to go!
    Dave
PS, It was philosophy--NOT sociology!
PPS, If you figure the BTHP (and NOT the IHP--which is simply THEORY) then
14.35 becomes between 11.48 and 12.628 BTHP. (That's about 75% of what
Galloway claimed the engine could produce!)