[SEL] Cotton Ginning Days Oct. 8, 9, and 10th.

Curt Holland curt at imc-group.com
Mon Sep 13 06:47:16 PDT 2004

Guys,
Cotton Ginning Days is less than a month away! Wanted to make the
announcement of our 17th annual show at Dallas, NC (Gastonia). Our
feature engine this year is Stickney.
The CGD show is done in conjunction with the county at the county horse
park. The combination of rolling terrain and flat areas for camping make
for a very nice show grounds. We generally have about 300 exhibitors and
25,000 spectators. If you like talking with people and explaining to the
general public what your engines/tractors do, this is the show for you!
Very few shows have this kind of spectator to exhibitor ratio.
Our grounds include a fully functioning 1900 Continental Gin driven with
a 37 HP FM semi diesel driving it. Here is a link showing a few pictures:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/gamtra/cottongin.htm
We will be ginning cotton all three days of the show.

We also have built a blacksmith building:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/gamtra/images/CottonGinningDays2003/16_13C.html
 click "fwd" thru about 6 images of the blacksmith building showing Bob
hammering a part.
Some pictures from last years show can be seen at:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/gamtra/images/CottonGinningDays2003/Thumbnails.html

On Friday evening in front of the gin building, will be the social with
an unbelievable assortment of deserts and hot cider served.

As always we serve a free country dinner on Saturday evening to all
displaying exhibitors.
We'll be weighing the bale of cotton on Sunday afternoon for the cash
prize for who guessed the weight the closest.

A map and directions can be found here:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/gamtra/images/Showinfo/Annualshow.htm

We believe Cotton Ginning Days is one of the nicest shows in the
southeast. We hope you can join us this year and we look forward to
seeing you.

Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC
(704) 853-2992 (home)