[SEL] 8 cycling Witte

Rob Skinner rskinner at rustyiron.com
Sun Sep 12 10:20:31 PDT 2004

> I have checked exhaust timing and have it set to
> close just past TDC, aprox 5deg.

That sounds good.  Since you know how to check that stuff,
when does it open?  Anywhere from 30 to 0 degrees before
bottom should be ok.  It's easy to check, so start there.

> I have also checked spark timing and it is set around
45deg BTDC
> (got this value out of book for an earlier Witte).

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the writer of
that book was smoking crack.  Give it ten degrees.

If everything doesn't work nicely after that, try to
restrict the incoming air.  The mixer was made to run at
rated speed and horsepower with full air flow through the
venturi.  You may have to get tricky to compensate for
slower speeds and less load.

Rob

Rob Skinner
La Habra, California