[SEL] Nat Rally

Reg & Margaret Ingold randmingold at hotkey.net.au
Wed Sep 8 14:41:51 PDT 2004

The info came off their newsletter media update dated 8 Aug. Available on
line.
They claim their costs will be more than $300,000.
Expecy 800 exhibitors and 2000 exhibits.
Do the maths yourself.

<<An event the size of the 10 th NHMA Rally takes a massive amount of
planning to achieve an acceptable standard of both professionalism and
safety, and unfortunately rallies of this magnitude have costs associated
with organization before, during and after the event - in all totalling
around $300,000 for the three days.

One of the most important - but most ignored costs - is toilets and showers.
To ensure patrons don't waste valuable "Rally Time" by standing in line for
amenities the organising committee will spend over $10,000 on portable
toilets and showers which includes supply, cleaning and waste removal.

Fencing to meet NHMA standards will cost more than $5500 while leasing the
Naracoorte Racecourse and a portion of adjoining land will cost $4500. Hire
of the Naracoorte Town Hall for the official dinner is $500 and security
patrols for exhibitors added piece of mind will be around $20,000. Garbage
collection and skip hire will be close to $3000. Plus there is advertising
costs, equipment and entertainment costs and some put away for those
inevitable unexpected costs!

Organisers aim to make this event as affordable as possible and to this end
welcome any and all suggestions of how to make the 10 th NHMA Rally even
more affordable to everyone.

The 10 th NHMA Rally expects to host more than 800 exhibitors and nearly
2000 exhibits - plus its estimated that during the peak lunch hour of
noon-1pm caterers will be serving 100 meals every minute. >>

Reg & Marg Ingold.
Newcastle, NSW, Australia.
randmingold at hotkey.net.au
http://www.oldengine.org/members/randmingold