[SEL] Bamford 5/6 help

Peter A Forbes diesel at easynet.co.uk
Wed Sep 8 14:32:17 PDT 2004

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 08:35:40 -0700, you wrote:

>Does anyone on this list have a Bamford 5/6 hit&miss engine?
>
>I'm curious as to how much work it would take to convert a 5/6 throttle
>governed engine to a hit&miss version.  How difficult would it be to
>find the needed parts in the UK to make the conversion?
>
>George

George:

I don't think you would find many spares of that nature, the Bamfords you refer
to are relatively rare outside of the main volume of engines which were vertical
types with hinged crankcases, both diesel and petrol types.

If, however, you could find someone who was willing to lend you the parts and
let you have photographs then I believe it would be quite feasible given a bit
of time.

I think there may be more to it than appears at first to be the case.

Peter

--
Peter & Rita Forbes
diesel at easynet.co.uk