[SEL] Re: Glenn's Engine Starting

Alan Bowen alanb2 at webtv.net
Tue Sep 7 16:28:10 PDT 2004

Hi Glenn,

If the engine is THAT tight it is my opinion that something is wrong.
Is it in the bearings or the piston?

I would add a shim in every bearing cap and see if that loosens it up.
I would add temporary shims until I knew they were all loose.

If it ain't there how about pulling the piston by hand with someone
holding a valve open?
Do ya need to clean your ring grooves?
Are your rings too tight?

Something is wrong,
Go find it.
Please tell us about it when you figure it out.

Alan Bowen alanb2 at webtv.net
Williamsburg, Michigan

~~~~~Glenn Wilson wrote~~~~~~

Yea right - grab ahold of these flywheel and try to give them a spin
WITHOUT any compression and then tell me what you think...... Come on
over - it is on the trailer at the moment, right out where you can show
me your stuff :)
Glenn