[SEL] Show Pictures - Amador County Fair

Rob Skinner rskinner at rustyiron.com
Mon Sep 6 11:59:47 PDT 2004

> Do they actually do the mining demos that you describe?
Can
> you access the mine itself?

Of course the equipment works!  But... the mine isn't
really there.

The display is on the fairgrounds, so the hole had to be
moved in from elsewhere.  The only hole that the guys could
afford wasn't a real mining hole, it was just a general
purpose hole.  The headframe is new construction, but the
equipment is all original.  Gold bearing ore is hauled in
from elsewhere for the demonstrations.

> PS - Did you get any contact info on "Goatgirl"?  She's a

> real cuteie!!

Nah, she's out of my league.  I just posted the picture as
more proof that the hottest chicks are to be found west of
the Colorado.

Rob