[SEL] Curt's Lorenz - A Black Day in International Shipments

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Sun Sep 5 09:21:57 PDT 2004

Hi Harry,

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004, Harry Terpstra wrote:

> This really shows what we all fear in shipping engines!!
> This it happened to you, but who knows what happens during the shipping.
> Something like this can happen if every place the crates are unloaded/loaded
> in to other containers.

FWIW, ALL of the English beer that Jim had packed into the crate for me
survived!!  8-)))

> The last shipment of George Best his DUX was without a crate because now,
> the US seems only want to import heat treated wood (crates) complete with
> documents. Cost for an engine like a small Lorenz, of George's DUX about
> $200-$300!!! what a waste of money.....

Interesting...  As you can see from the photos, these were just bog
standard chip board crates.  No fancy papers.  Maybe you need to use a
different shipper?
http://www.oldengine.org/members/arnie/oops/mvc-089F.jpg

> I hope the damage to Curt's Lorenz isn't too bad.

Curt sez that he's pretty handy with a MIG welder...  8->>>

See ya,  Arnie

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA
fero_ah at city-net.com