[SEL] Curt's Lorenz - A Black Day in International Shipments

Harry Terpstra h.terpstra at wxs.nl
Sun Sep 5 07:25:53 PDT 2004

This really shows what we all fear in shipping engines!!
This it happened to you, but who knows what happens during the shipping.
Something like this can happen if every place the crates are unloaded/loaded
in to other containers.

The last shipment of George Best his DUX was without a crate because now,
the US seems only want to import heat treated wood (crates) complete with
documents. Cost for an engine like a small Lorenz, of George's DUX about
$200-$300!!! what a waste of money.....

Anyway seeing this pictures I know how lucky we were when George got the
engine home without damage.

I hope the damage to Curt's Lorenz isn't too bad.

Harry Terpstra
Sint Anna Parochie
Netherlands
h.terpstra at wxs.nl