[SEL] Curt's Lorenz - A Black Day in International Shipments

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Sat Sep 4 13:15:38 PDT 2004

> Next was Curt's Lorenz.  And things just....    slipped.
> http://www.oldengine.org/members/arnie/oops/mvc-090F.jpg
> I'm heartbroken.  I can't answer the phone cos I KNOW that it will be
> Curt calling......>
> See ya,  Arnie

Curt,
    I think this is as much my fault (perhaps more) than it is Arnie's. I
knew that the drinking should not start until after 9:00 am, but I was
simply weak! Had we not killed those four six packs prior to attempting to
unload your Lorenz I don't think we would have attempted to do it in that
way. Both Arnie and I agreed to that just after it happened. In any event,
if Dolly and Jim can locate another cylinder and carb the engine should be
(almost) OK! Sorry, but the good part is that it's now on US soil!
    Dave