[SEL] Portland Pics/Bowsher Mill

Andy Glines andyglines at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 3 09:14:11 PDT 2004

>>New Shows Added:
>
>Portland, IN Show - 2004
>Baraboo, WI Show - 2004
>Sycamore, IL Show - 2004
>--1st National Gade Show - Marshalltown, IA - 2004 --Not finished yet--
>Franklin Grove, IL - 2004
>DuPage County Fair - 2004
>Will County, IL 2004
>Paublo Agricultural Museum - Stonington, IL 2004
>

>Here is the link to the show page:
>http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/show_reports.htm
>
>I feel better now...I wasn't the only one who had to be towed out of the
>North end trailer parking area at Portland...I hooked up to the trailer a
>few minutes before the rains came Saturday and created Lake
>Portland...Pulled Forward ~8 feet and spun out...I did get to wait in the
>truck until after the rain stopped and then hiked in to the gate to call
>for a tractor (an AC) to pull the Truck and Trailer out.
>
>Please provide feedback directly (offlist) about download times on the
>larger pages (dialup users only as it is fine for those on high speed
>access).
>
>Steve

Steve, nice pics.  I saw one in your collection that really caught my eye.
In the section of Portland pictures you took a few shots of a Bowsher Burr
Mill #4.  That is the only one, besides mine, that I have ever seen.  I have
a #5 model.  Does anyone know much about these?  What is the partition in
the hopper for?  What size engine is needed to run it?  What do you grind
with it?