[SEL] Cushman Reaper Engine

MBellar at aol.com MBellar at aol.com
Fri Oct 29 16:59:47 PDT 2004

Hi List;

I recently purchased a Cushman reaper engine at a farm auction. The engine is
mechanically in great condition and complete except for the cooling tank and
screen.
There is little or no paint left on the engine castings. What is there
appears to be  loose flat black paint or hardened grease. Does anybody know what the
correct color is and where I might find a reproduction cooling tank and
screen?

I also have a Waterloo look a like manufactured by George B. Miller and Son
(page 308 in the big red book). It also is in need of a coat of paint. The
cement mixer that the engine was mounted upon has traces of light green (vomit
green) paint that would look good on a Dave modified Maytag. I have seen
repainted red and green Waterloo boys at shows. Any thoughts on the correct color for
this engine would be appreciated.

Thank you for any help;

Tom Bellar