[SEL] John Deere Fuel Tank/Oil Pan

Jeff Allen transteck at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 25 17:39:57 PDT 2004

Luke,

A good cork/neoprene gasket usually seals well without anything on it.
Silicone and cork/neoprene gaskets don't work and play well together. Maybe
some copper coat. Good stuff. Silicone in direct contact with fuel is a no
no from my experience, and an expensive lesson it was. Permatex? I
personally don't like the stuff, but I'm sure others have great luck with
it.

Jeff