[SEL] John Deere Fuel Tank/Oil Pan

Luke Tonneberger flywheelin at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 25 11:59:36 PDT 2004

Hi Everyone,

On my 3hp John Deere the oil in the crankcase leaked into the fuel tank. I
have it all torn apart and found the two little holes where the oil leaked
from the crankcase down into the fuel tank. I have the holes welded up and
the rest of the steel looks to be in really good shape. I am ready to put it
all back together. I know I need to use some cork gasket to seal up the
mating surfaces, but should I use permatex or some type of instant gasket
stuff too? I only want to do this one time and don't want leaky gaskets.
I'm sure there are a few John Deere owners out there that have done this
before and I'm looking for a tried and true method for doing this.  Thanks.

Luke Tonneberger
Rockford, Michigan
USA