[SEL] Stringy Bark Festival - Rally Report

Paul Pavlinovich pjp at steamengine.com.au
Mon Oct 25 04:22:53 PDT 2004

On 23rd and 24th of October, the Stringy Bark festival was on in Knox at
the Rowville Community Centre. This a small regional show with animals,
rides, bazaar/fete stalls, food stalls and loads of engines. Saturday
was damp (good thing I did not go - I was in Ballarat) but on the day of
my attendance, Sunday, the sun was out and we had a great day for it.
Emerald & District Vintage Machinery Group and MSTEC put on displays of
stationary engine and steam engines. The food, while good and in great
variety was disappointing in that they were charging closed-venue
prices. $3.50 for a can of drink! For the most part the show was
excellent and a nice relaxed rally for the respective clubs where a
little fun could be had. I got the Ottawa running (finally) with help
from club mates (thanks!). The weekend was marred when one of our older
members was taken sick and went to hospital. The show organisers fell
over themselves to be helpful.

http://www.steamengine.com.au/events/reports/stringy-bark-2004/index.html

pjp at steamengine.com.au
Emerald, Victoria, Australia