[SEL] Old IHC threshing and plowing days at Mike Burns

Dave Croft dave.croft at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 20 05:34:48 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan Bowen" <alanb2 at webtv.net>
To: "The SEL email discussion list" <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 3:06 AM
Subject: Re: [SEL] Old IHC threshing and plowing days at Mike Burns

> Hi Curt,
> Thanks for the pictures you managed to get.
(Big Snip)
> I would love to see cable plowing some time.  Was that ever done in the
> U.S. of A. ????
> Alan Bowen  alanb2 at webtv.net

Hi Alan, I don't know about the US but it was common in the UK.
We even have a firm that still uses Steam Ploughing Engines to dredge
the lakes & meres on stately estates. They can pull a scoop across the
lake with no problem.
PS see http://community.webshots.com/photo/167571610/167580059GSBXOQ
A picture I took earlier this year that covers a slight time span. 8^)
Dave Croft
England.