[SEL] Old IHC threshing and plowing days at Mike Burns

Alan Bowen alanb2 at webtv.net
Tue Oct 19 19:06:44 PDT 2004

Hi Curt,

Thanks for the pictures you managed to get.  I really enjoyed them.  I
really appreciate the way you wrote something about the pictures instead
of just having plain pictures.

Maybe next August at the Buckley show I will make time to go get some
pictures of the 8 bottom plow working.

Before I started displaying and just visited the show every year I would
always go watch the plowing.  I hear they still do it, but they have had
to move it farther out to make more show room.

With the display I am shooting for next year it will be very hard to get
away.  It sure was fun seeing those old steam traction engines going
across the field with all 8 bottoms down making it look easy.

I would love to see cable plowing some time.  Was that ever done in the
U.S. of A. ????

Alan Bowen  alanb2 at webtv.net
Williamsburg, Michigan

~~~~~Curt wrote~~~~~

Guess you've figured out by now that the problem is the wrapping of the
URL. Looks like the "l" on the end of .html got dropped. I'm trying an
experiment with this email in that I changed the wrap default from 72
characters to 99 characters. Here is the URL again and we'll see if it
wraps now.

http://www.oldengine.org/members/holland/images/MikeBurns2004/Thumbnails.html
 Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC