[SEL] Re: can launching

Leroy C. oldengin at udata.com
Mon Oct 18 14:51:45 PDT 2004

kerogas at sbcglobal.net wrote:

>>>I have plans for an OFEs style  flame thrower if anyone is interested .
>>>

>>Tell me more, I need to know .....

Gday
    Chuck, let me in on these plans...  Also to create a better can
launcher I have now taken an empty, FRESHLY, beer can and have decided
to pour about 1/2 inch of body filler in the bottom. Next I am looking
at mounting a M80 fire cracker to the side of the can and will give the
can a shot of either before putting it onto the straight pipe. I think I
can get the can to fly about 300-400 feet into the air with this set-up
and if the firecracker is lit at the proper time even better flight is
expected. I have also thought about the use of a baggie and some
gasoline in it on the inside of the can and maybe 2-3 M80's fused
together along with maybe some sackrete in the bottom of the can.. and
cutting the can with slits along the side. Maybe old nails and glass
would work too......   What do you think? 8-)

--
		C-ya

		  Leroy Clark

"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give."
            W.A. NANCE

better look here--- http://www.oldengine.org/members/lclark