[SEL] My resignation

Adam Cottrill adamcottrill at telstra.com
Sat Oct 16 04:36:33 PDT 2004

Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen,
                                  Thanks so much to everyone on and off list for your emails it has been fantastic and really helped me get through the last 48 hours or so.

Please be assured none of the "flameing" you guys have done as you put it has made me decide to resign. Your flameing is what I consider to be constructive criticism and is  by no means personal. Mearly airing your point of view which is something I think is fantastic, ok some where pretty lively to say the least but I know the passion you have for this hobby; as I do. So I suspect all of us are guilty of maybe getting a bit too excited on some topic's once in a while simply because we are passionate about it.

However as mentioned previously in my other email is what did make me decide to step aside. The club hosting the National is not my home club I was just assiting and driving 4 hours every fortnight to meetings over state lines and doing other stuff in between simply because the host club asked for help and I didnt hesitate to jump in because I love this hobby and I get a really kick out of seeing you guys enjoying rally day as safety officer, its a great ice breaker to meet people and make life long friends!!!

If the host club was my own well I feel things would be different and I would be confident in going further. However over the recent times Id like to think I have placed the host club in the right direction in regards to the safety officer side of things and know of two great guys who are in the host club who ive got up to speed on what the requirements are and I suspect will be taking over my position and I think the host club now has the ability to stand on its own two feet and run the show.

I dont know who the club who complained is and im not sure if I really want to, but I believe we are all constantly learning and if we make a mistake and we learn from it well thats a positive thing what is really getting me down is I cant for the life of me find the motivation of why the above said club felt this way or couldnt come to me and talk about it first, maybe I will never know?

Again thank you to everyone for your support and kind words over the last few days they have helped I intend to reply to everyone who took the time to send an email and look forward to seeing some of you next weekend at Ballarat.

Kind regards,
              Adam