[SEL] The problem with NO FENCES!

Ron Page page at velocitynet.com.au
Wed Oct 13 16:22:34 PDT 2004

Dave

We have that also in the NHMA Guidelines.  In fact we had an incident a few
years ago when we put on a display at a race course.  We had a fly wheel
come off and ended up on the other side of the track.  Fortunately it did
not hit any one.  The most disappointing thing was that those in the
compound did not it had happened until a lady carried it over and asked if
it belonged to us.  How embarrassing.  I know you are goping to ask how a
lady carried a fly wheel but those on Moffat are not that heaving.  Since
that date we always run our engines parallel to the fence.  As for the
barrier the motor was behind I think it was fairly old and loosely tied
para-webbing but I am not sure.

Ron