[SEL] US Show Fences & Insurance Issues

John cjclem at sysim.net
Tue Oct 12 15:37:25 PDT 2004

After reading all the chatter about fences, insurance in AU would like
list to know it is happening right here in midwest USA shows. Here is
Rollag,MN show with most engines (not all) behind metal ridgid
livestock fences & must be member to exhibit & attend safety meeting at
show.  http://www.rollag.com/   Albert City,Iowa >
http://www.albertcitythreshermen.com/register.htm  This show requires
exhibitors sign liability release.  Albany,MN requires signed liability
release & safety meeting signed form.
http://www.albanymnchamber.com/pioneer.htm   Hanley Falls,MN  requires
signed liability release from exhibitors,
http://www.mnmachinerymuseum.com/welcome.html    Menno, S Dak show has
safety meeting & member giving safety speech stated club does not have
insurance on exhibitors, only on the club.  We exhibited at last 3
shows listed in 2004 & complied but I don't like the release of
liability signing required, my opinion the club should get proper
coverage even though individuals may have there own is not the issue. I
would like to see GEM ask exact requirements about insurance any any
signings, meetings required in show directory request from clubs, then
when you show up at gate you know the rules ahead of time.