[SEL] NHMA

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Tue Oct 12 07:06:40 PDT 2004

Kerry,
I read Steven Kitto's statement of  "On the house where I live I am
required to have liability insurance (A$20000000)."
as a requirement to have insurance much like the requirement you have to
have insurance for public gathering.

In the US we are not required to have insurance for public gatherings
either. Most show owners/clubs would be nuts to go it without insurance,
but nonetheless it is not required.

We too have a requirement for automobile liability insurance but nothing
approaching the 20 mil mark! The amount of insurance you purchase is
again dependent on your personal assets. Many people carry the minimum
of around 50,000. Some 300,000 and few even have 1 million dollar policies.
It is all a matter of covering your personal assets. There is no sense
in being "insurance poor".

BTW for those visiting AU next fall/March and will be driving, are we
going to be required to purchase Australian insurance for driving, or
will our US policies be sufficient?

Curt