[SEL] Stover CT 1

Dave Mayfield wrl at gwltd.com
Mon Oct 11 11:35:15 PDT 2004

Well, over the weekend I got the old stover running real well, had some small trouble with the governer, but we got it all adjusted right and now it purrs fine. I do have a question or two.

1. My Stover slings oil from one side of the crank, what type of seal is in there. I assume this was made before seals like we use today. I just finished rebuilding the engine on a 41, Ford 9n and the rear main seal was a kind of rope seal.

2. I plan to tear it all down and go thru it and then repaint this winter, right now the engine is red and the vavle push rod and governor linkages are yellow, anyone know the correct color/s also any links to pictures of this engine?

Dave