[SEL] Valve guides one more time?

Jeff Allen transteck at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 7 18:40:34 PDT 2004

John and list,

Sorry for the delay. I have no valve equipment. I do have a drill press to
use as Rob mentioned. I think I can come up with a seat grinder, and both
valves will be replaced, so grinding them won't be a concern. Lapp em in
after the seats are done and should be a done deal.

I'll use this response to send a great big THANK YOU to all that have
answered both on and off the list. Many great ideas on how to handle head
repair, and I will include a summary in my restoration project. So far I
don't have much online, but I do have the engine almost down and lot's of
pictures. More fun working on it then putting it online. Tonight's lesson.
Gib keys. Score: Gib key 1, Jeff 0, and that ain't the broken one. :-)

Thanks all,

Jeff Allen