[SEL] HI

Tom Smith tsmith at hal-pc.org
Wed Oct 6 19:31:44 PDT 2004

Hi list members. I'm not only new to the list but also new to Hit N Miss engines. Being a novice, I'll keep a very low profile until I can learn a few things. I recently bought a FM 3hp "Z" rust bucket that appears nearly complete but for starters has a stuck piston and who knows what the cylinder looks like (I bought it from out of town without the ability to pull the head). Anyway I'm looking forward to working with it and learning as I go.

I do have a moderately equipped shop with a old WW2 ship tool room lathe and a Clausing mill, but lack much more than a casual knowledge of hit n miss iron. I'm in the Houston, TX area.

Thanks,
Tom