[SEL] Gib Key removal

MARVIN HEDBERG marvhed at ecenet.com
Wed Oct 6 07:35:10 PDT 2004

i was able to get a stubborn gib key out that had lost it's tang
by welding (2) 1/8" x 1" wide x 4" long plates on either side of the key
and then welding the plates to the rod of a home made slide hammer.

i now have a hole in the end of one of the plates to hook the tang on the
new key.

marv in minn