[SEL] Old Grain Elevator and flat belt question

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Mon Oct 4 17:27:24 PDT 2004

  Howdy all;
Been a while since I posted to the Tractor list, so thought I'd show Ralph
G. and whoever's interested, this old Rock Grain Elevator that's still
working in Harlowton, Mt.  It was a weekend so will have to find out more
about it sometime in the future.  I believe it's made out of granite.  btw
Ralph, the Smithsonian has a traveling display that shows old elevators.
Will try to find out more.  Here's the link.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/60686285/158661245OvzoWV

  Question please to you folks.  Has anyone ever tried to use (as a flat
belt[on pulley's]) the belt used on a NG New Holland round balers?  This is
the black rubber(?) belt that winds up the hay into a round bale.  Believe
there's around 4,5, or 6 of them.  If so, how'd ya make out?

  Thanks in anticipation!
RickinMt.
http://community.webshots.com/user/stroberc