[SEL] Mike Burns - IHC tractor and engine weekend Oct 16th.

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Fri Oct 1 11:37:04 PDT 2004

Would someone please post and confirm this over to the tractor list. I'm
not on the tractor list at the moment.

Engine and tractor fans,
Last fall I posted pictures from a small first year event held at Mike
Burn's place. It was a fairly private affair, but it was so successful
Mike has asked me to post invitations on the SEL, Harry's, and the
tractor lists inviting all those interested in IHC engines and tractors
to attend.
This is NOT a show you bring anything to. You simply come and observe
his machinery at work. It'll be the easiest engine and tractor show you
ever attend! At this point Mike cannot accommodate additional displays
due to limited field space. Be assured he has plenty to see and watch.
You can even join in the fun/work if the mood strikes you.

Mike has a significant collection of Mogul and Titan tractors and this
year will be running his newest completion, a big 45 Titan, a 2 cylinder
beast.
I believe he also has s/n 1 Titan tractor, a friction drive. You'll also
see many large Mogul and Titan/Famous portable engines. There is a IHC
antique car with the flat air cooled 2 cylinder engine under the
floorboard. There are several non-Pareil engines and water hopper
verticals too. There is no shortage of goodies to see!

Mike and his helpers (you) will be threshing with a E-B thresher and
baling hay with an IHC baler. The thresher is driven with one of the
Titan tractors.
The event will be held the Saturday on the weekend between Cotton
Ginning Days and the Arden show. This is Saturday the 16th starting
between 9 and 10 a.m. until......
I believe this is an event you will want to attend and will be well
worth even a significant drive. Here is a link for a few pictures I took
last year to give you a taste of what to expect.
http://www.oldengine.org/members/holland/images/MikeBurns2003/Thumbnails.html

Mike's place is in Simpsonville, SC (near Greenville) Here are
directions to his place:

<>On Interstate 85 (North or South) take Exit 51 (which will be Woodruff
Road or Hwy 146)

Go appx. 6 or 7 miles (towards Woodruff Town) you will see East Georgia
Road, take a right on E. Georgia Road

go appx. 1 1/2 miles Mike's house is on the right.  Look for Windy Hill
Farms.

The address 2715 E. Georgia Road, Simpsonville, SC 29681
This Mapquest link gives you a map.
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=address&searchtype=address&address=2715+E.+Georgia+Road&city=Simpsonville&state=sc&zipcode=29681&search=++Search++

Mike can also be reached at:
864-288-1992 (shop)
864-414-1996 (cell)

Mike looks forward to seeing you on Saturday October 16th.

Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC