[SEL] clogged pipe help

Dave Croft dave.croft at ntlworld.com
Mon Nov 29 21:46:10 PST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: <jlb94 at juno.com>
To: <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 1:41 AM
Subject: Re: [SEL] clogged pipe help

> Maybe I will try 1/2 denatured alcohol and 1/2 lacquer thinner like Curt
> said
> worked.
> Careful when mixing flamable liquids.
> I once mixed Gasoline & Kerosene in a smudge pot and lit it not realizing
> what was mixed.
> It worked okay untill I picked it up to move it.
> About liked to blow my head off !!
> Luckily - The pressure of gasoline igniting blew itself out.
> Joe "Pip" Betz

Is Denatured Alcohol in the US the same as the "Meths" or
"Methylated spirits" we use in the UK?
Ours is purple in colour & is Ethyl alcohol with Methyl alcohol
added to make it undrinkable.
(Mind you, we do think about drinking it when Arnie is over here
overworking all our breweries) 8^)
Dave Croft
Warrington
England