[SEL] OT: A Bit Of Christmas Cheer On My New Axe

John Culp johnculp at chartertn.net
Fri Nov 26 16:47:15 PST 2004

Just posted this:
http://guitarchat.net/modules/jinzora/Media_player/Ricochet/
JoyToTheP90s.mp3

  It's a demo of my new Agile AS-820 semihollowbody with P-90 pickups.
It's "Joy To The World," 3 essentially identical verses, the first
played on the neck pickup, the second on the parallel combination, and
the third on the bridge. Amp is my Electar Tube 10 with Jensen Mod
speaker. Guitar volume and tone knobs were all set at maximum, the amp
gain and volume both down to 3 1/2, bass, midrange and treble knobs all
maxed. Maybe not the ideal combination, but a standard of comparison.
The guitar's still got its original GHS .009-.046" strings on it, tuned
in Open E, played with a combination of fretting and a green glass wine
bottle neck slide. In a living room with 2 china cabinets, dozens of
Christmas nutcrackers and similar stuff to rattle and buzz, neighbors
mowing lawns, shooting Estes rockets, and my son in the basement
playing Halo Extreme online and yelling at his opponents. (No joke!)
Recorded with Audacity on my old 500 MHz G3 iMac with an Apple
PlainTalk mic.

'Tis the season. The mall wars began in earnest today. ;-)

John Culp
Bristol, Tennessee, USA