[SEL] Portland PROBLEMS?????

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Tue Nov 23 09:27:30 PST 2004

Alec,
A few years ago you all may recall I utilized the SEL as a sounding
board for a complaint I had concerning a policy of the Denton Farm Park
show in North Carolina. The opinions of this group were unanimous and I
made copies of many of the replies and included them with my letter to
the directors of the Denton Farm Park show. The letter and your comments
were instrumental in getting a policy changed.
Concerning the issue of Wayne Walker and family, I think it is unanimous
that everyone agrees the value that Wayne brings to the Portland
experience. Truthfully I never even noticed the items being sold that
are in dispute, so they must not have been too imposing.
I believe it would be appropriate to make copies of the supportive
comments about Wayne and send them (with a letter?) to the board of
directors of the Portland show. I believe the consensus of the largest
online organization of engine folk in the world would be of value to the
directors as they debate their decision. It's a tough job they have
knowing where to draw the line, and doing so in a timely fashion before
matters get out of hand.
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC