[SEL] Portland PROBLEMS????? (not in this case)

diesel at easynet.co.uk diesel at easynet.co.uk
Tue Nov 23 07:28:20 PST 2004

Quoting Arnie Fero <fero_ah at city-net.com>:

> G'day Reg,
>
> The "selling thing" at Portland is one thing I think they do have right.
> Since they charge ALL of the vendors for their "selling spots" (which
> helps the overall finances for running the show), they do have to draw a
> line somewhere on folks selling who have NOT paid for a "selling spot."
>
> The line that they've drawn is NO SELLING; nothing, nada, zip, zilch.
> That is a clear, unambiguous rule.  Even a FATG can understand that one.
>
> If I bring a few items to Portland that I want to sell, I have two legit
> options.  The first is to put them into the Trading Post.  There the club
> takes 10% off the top on everything that sells.  I've got no problem with
> that either.  The other option is to ask one of many SEL friends who ARE
> sellers if they would mind me putting my "For Sale" item in their area.
> Courtesy dictates that you offer to buy 'em a sandwich or offer a beer as
> a "thank you."  If it's a big dollar item, I think it's also nice to offer
> a financial "thank you."  But that's just me.
>
> See ya,  Arnie
>
> Arnie Fero

I'd agree with that, it is much better to have sales in one area and not make a
mess like we see over here along the engine line-up of bits and pieces,
especially non-engine related. Non-engine items 'with' engine logos I can live
with, although I am probably past my sell-by date for thongs! :-))

Portland has a good show going, I hope they can keep it much the same.

Peter
--

Peter Forbes
diesel at easynet.co.uk