[SEL] Economy Buzzrig Birthday Present

Rob Skinner rskinner at rustyiron.com
Mon Nov 22 15:37:53 PST 2004

>That's why so many people used the wind
>chargers on their barns.  A pretty neat set up.

A couple weeks ago I was running an engine on a battery and a chap came by and
asked how the batteries were recharged in the old days.  I had to tell him I
didn't know.

A few days after that I was browsing through one of Hiscox's books and he went
into great detail explaining how to mix up the chemicals for a battery.  The
impression I got was that one would run the battery until it was out of oomph,
then empty it, clean it, and pour in another batch of chemicals.  Was this one
method, or did I misinterpret Hiscox' prose?

Rob