[SEL] OT Browser Help

Peter A Forbes diesel at easynet.co.uk
Sat Nov 20 00:19:55 PST 2004

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:37:38 -0600, you wrote:

>Thanks Peter, I'll give it a look-see.  I don't recall, is Agent what
>you have been using?
>
>Gary

Yup, we have been using it for 6 years or so, went over to it from Internet
Exploder 4.01 and Netscape (before AOL got their hooks into them)

There is a free version and a paid-for version. We use the paid-for version as
it has more features and we can run more than one instance on the PC at the same
time for different email addresses.

They are past V2.0 now, but we stayed with V1.93 which has a layout/look that I
prefer. We have got V2.0 but it is not used.

One reason for not moving between different email clients too often is the
archives that we keep of previous year's emails. We have back to 2001 on this PC
and earlier years on HDD's from older machines.

I should point out that Agent is only for email and newsgroups, we use Opera as
an internet browser. Tried Firefox a few weeks ago but was very disappointed
with it so stayed with Opera. We have IE on the PC for the occasional website
which won't run on Opera. Opera is now up to V7.54, http://www.opera.com if you
want to try the evaluation version.

Peter