[SEL] Re: A pair of Economy Engines

ANDREW HUNTER-ROWE hunterrowe at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 15 04:27:37 PST 2004

I agree.

I joined the forum because I am restoring a couple old old Petter Diesel engines so though it would be interesting and because of the mutual support and encouragement I would expect such a forum to provide.

I don't think it is particualry helpful to anyone to be critical of what after all is a personal choice.

I hope you enjoy your engines as much as i hope to enjoy mine when they are completed.

Graham Harris <ozengine at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
Hi Dave

Tell the critics of your colour scheme to stick it up
their arse. The Rosebery open crank (OZ copy of a F&J
model N) that I restored for my kids has pink
flywheels. That's because one of them is a girl. For
the boy, he got the crankcase & hopper in mid blue and
I got to choose yellow for the moving parts. It goes
great, they are able to start it, and looks heaps
better than all the green ones.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Graham in Oz

>From: "Dave Ernst"

>To: "The SEL email discussion list"

>Subject: [SEL] A pair of Economy Engines
>Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 14:52:33 -0800
>
>I posted a while back about restoring a couple of
Hercules built
Economy
>engines and painting them something different than
usual, like
yellow. One
>person said he had stomach problems over it, so now
there are
two to look
>at!
>Still have skids and carts to build along with some
red
pinstriping, but I
>think they surely will draw comments at the shows
they will be
attending.

http://au.movies.yahoo.com