[SEL] OT: Want to swap tractors? Need a front end loader? Live in Victoria Aus?

Paul Pavlinovich pjp at steamengine.com.au
Fri Nov 12 18:40:14 PST 2004

I am looking for a Farmall Cub or Farmall A or small Fergie (or some
other small tractor with good 1st gear torque) in running condition.
Looks are not an issue - it can be as ugly as you like but I need it to
run. Minor problems are fine - I can deal with most things outside an
engine or gearbox rebuild! It does not need to have ROPS. I don't need
hydraulics.

I have an McCormick AW-6 tractor with hydraulic front end loader
(similar to a Inter Super 6, but built in Australia at the McCormick
plant) which runs. The governor connection to the carb needs attention
as the engine will now only run fast (used to govern just fine when I
got it a year or so ago). The starter motor sometimes does and sometimes
does not. The engine itself is very good - no funny noises or
vibrations. The front rubber is shot (one sorta ok, one flat). The rear
rubber would do for anything not muddy. The hydraulics are low pressure
and not amazingly brilliant but work. The tin on the radiator and bonnet
are rust free and could be restored. The wings over the wheels are
missing. The kerosene ability is gone (runs on petrol). Air cleaner is
original oil bath. Starting tank is there but rusted. Gearbox is good, 5
forward and 1 reverse. Brakes are ok but would need new bands for any
really serious use (although they've been ok on my 1:4 rising block!).
There is no ROPS.

I used the tractor to level out my shed and house sites on my block, but
it is much to big for the only use I have for it now (moving my engines
around). I thought about restoring it for show, but it is too big for me
to economically transport.

People interested should really be in Victoria Australia, preferably the
Eastern side of Melbourne. The tractor is located in the town of
Emerald, in the Dandenong Ranges, Emerald Victoria. If you are
reasonably nearby I'd cover the cost of the truck to bring the tractor
and take yours - if you are further away, then the transport would be
your problem!

http://www.steamengine.com.au/ic/tractors/identify-me/pics/DSC06089.JPG

E-mail me directly off list for more information or more pics.

If I don't get any offers of a swap, then I'll be selling it and buying
something myself.

Paul

pjp at steamengine.com.au
Emerald, Victoria, Australia