[SEL] Re: [HerculesEnginesGroup] J mixer for 5 hp herc / posted to SEL.

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Thu Nov 11 12:54:36 PST 2004

Rich,
One hell of a project you have just finished! I am going to copy this
over to the Stationary Engine List because many will find this project
very interesting. I hope you would consider joining the SEL in addition
to the Herc List you are already on. You can join with this link.

I'm assuming you used the steriolithography technology or something
similiar to make your mixer from the solid model you drew in CAD. By
having this capability you are in an excellent position to go ahead and
make a pattern and core box and cast yourself a brand new cast iron
mixer. You'll just need to scale your pattern 1.0104 X and add about a
2" extension of the ID of the mixer for your core to be held in.

Having this technology available puts you in the enviable position to
easily make patterns for your replacement parts for your antique gas
engines. Core boxes are particularly difficult and this technology would
greatly simplify the process.
Hope to see you on the SEL soon.
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC