[SEL] John Deere Fuel Tank/Oil Pan

Luke Tonneberger flywheelin at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 11 04:00:34 PST 2004

Thanks Spencer. I take a piece of white paper and lay it on the cast. Then
with greasy fingers I run my fingers over all of the edges and holes. It
leaves a perfect outline on the paper. Then I cut out the greasy tracing
with some scissors. Take the template and tape it onto the cork gasket
material and cut it out with a razor knife. I used a straight edge to cut
the straight portions. For the holes I used a hollowed out punch looking
deal. I got a couple of them in a box of junk from an auction. I think they
are for punching holes in leather or something like that. Probably could
make the same thing with a piece of pipe or tubing with the 'cutting edge'
cut on an angle with the bench grinder.

Luke Tonneberger
Rockford, Michigan
USA