[SEL] Galloway 5hp Saw Outfit ..long ramble

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Tue Nov 9 06:12:07 PST 2004

I really appreciate all the replies gang!!  It was the most fun I could ever
have..at my age :-))
  Still need to "Coon-Tune" some pinstriping and do something with the
bearing(s) on the belt tensioner.  Latch needs some work and it needs
retimed.

  I do wish I would have painted it in the bright sunlight as I now see some
spots that didn't get covered well.  It does shine a lot better than the
pictures show.   I'm very happy with the Nason paint and it didn't dig too
deep into my pockets.

  Alan, I've cut a few discs like Curt and Missy do, but haven't even put a
sharp on the blade yet.  That revolving 1500 rpm blade is sure
intimidating...and the blade condition is #1 on my safety list..so far it
doesn't get warm.

  The automatic greaser on the rod works very well.  I believe it was Pip
who recommended the 10 to 4 clock angle on the flow control.  This appears
to work very well.  Be careful with a new one, the flow control screwdriver
slot turns VERY hard and easy to strip out.  THANKS Pip!!

  The Webster thanks to Ted and Bill seems very strong.  Maybe one of these
days I'll send the tag to one of them and have them transfer the stamping to
the new tag.  It sure looks good and glad someone makes repro's.

  Curt, the finish on the wheel (trucks) is the stuff you insulate plier
handles with.  Somewhile back we talked about using truck bed liner like
Rhino liner.  I believe that would work better as the other stuff sure picks
up crap.

  This baby is heavy and there's no way I can pull it on the grass.  Just
glad the neighbor kid stopped by with the wheeler.   He's a strong lad :-)

Again thanks all..more pictures to come with the PO and some scenery shots
as soon as I go get the neighbors trailer.

Have a good'un!!
Rick