[SEL] Galloway 5hp Saw Outfit..finally done

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Tue Nov 9 05:45:40 PST 2004

Thanks John!  I still need to fix a few problems and then I'll shoot some
closeups.  Plus it needs a good cleanup.  It was such a beautiful morning, I
couldn't resist.

   Could you possibly guess how much pull down force on your belt tensioner?
I guess the only way would be to swag it in lbs.  Mine really flops up and
down and I would guess it has ~ 25 pounds of pull down force...maybe less.

  and you'r right.  Galloways are cold blooded.  I heat the mixer and have
much better luck.

  Just saw this is going to the list so maybe Curt or someothers could
recommend the pull down force of the belt tensioner.  Corky saw somewhere
that IHC recommends ~150 pounds of force on the belt tensioner.......whew!!!

  I guess a guy could use a bathroom scale.

Take Care
Rick