[SEL] Noisy Gears

Dave Ernst shop at cccomm.net
Sat Nov 6 07:04:10 PST 2004

I've been bothered by the noise made by the timing and mag gear noise while running my engines and came up with an inspiration for you folks.
My hay bailer has huge bull gears that operate the plunger and they require a heavy lubricant twice a day when in operation. Last year the Freeman dealer gave me hell because I was using cheap after market stuff and insisted I use their product. I saw an immense difference immediately.  What this stuff does is that it coats the gears and in the open air it solidifies to a point that it is still somewhat flexible, yet fills all the gaps and worn areas between the teeth.  The noise factor of when the teeth mesh goes from loud to almost zero.
I am using it on my small engines and with great success.
The product is Bull Gear Grease made by J. A. Freeman & Sons, Inc. Part number F7626.
Just thought I'd share
Dave