[SEL] United States Air Compressor Date!

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Fri Nov 5 19:25:06 PST 2004

>PPPPS, I'm also in the process of restoring a United States Air Compressor
>built in Cleveland OH. (1930/40's?) S/N 655 SC--any idea how I can get an
>exact date on it?

Tonight while readying the air tank for this compressor for paint, I came
across a tag on it. The tag read:
                 Air-Tic       Steel Tank
                 Designed and Tested For
                 200 pounds Working Pressure
                 Pittsburgh, PA  1926
The "200" and the "1926" were stamped into the tag. This leads me to
believe that the compressor (S/N 655 SC) was built in about 1926.
         Dave
PS, Yes it is "Air-Tic" not Air-Tec!