[SEL] Display opinion needed...

Peter A Forbes diesel at easynet.co.uk
Tue Jun 29 13:10:53 PDT 2004

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:58:05 -0700, you wrote:

>Hi All -
>
>   Some of you out here on the Left Coast have seen this trailer before,
>but I need some input. I've acquired several old porcelain light sockets
>and am toying with the idea of mounting several around the edge of the
>trailer. Questions are: to do it or not; if so, how many, etc. My first
>opinion is it might be too gaudy, but then again...  If I do install
>'em, I'll most likely use the clear 40 watt bulbs, unless the consensus
>points to something else. There would be a max. 12 in all. All
>electrical on the trailer is powered by the Lister twin in the center.
>Any and all inputs, pros and cons, welcome! Thanks!
>
>Pictures are at:   http://www.oldengineshed.com/snapshot
>
>- Steve

Nice trailer! :-))

My personal thoughts would be the survivability of anything that is relatively
delicate on the extremeties of the trailer, unless you mounted them on a carrier
bar that you could take off before travelling.

Lights are always nice at night, but I feel that they would look a bit flashy
(literally if your generator volts are too high!) for what looks like an
extremely nice setup in the first place.

I've often wondered about getting a couple of heavier-duty 500W or 1kW bulbs as
used in film & TV lighting and running them in an enclosure (and behind glass
please) to give a load and to look different.

30V 300W are common for the hand-held 'sun-gun' lights, the others are used iin
the larger lamp heads.

Peter

--
Peter & Rita Forbes