[SEL] Powder Coating Engines

don don.h at wcoil.com
Fri Jun 25 06:49:33 PDT 2004

Hi Paul.
I have a Power Coat outfit from Eastwood Co. Now there is a set of heat
lamps you can use to powder kote big iron with so no oven is needed I have
not bought a set of lamps to try this out with ( there a little price e for
home use ) but my buddy has a set he used in his body shop.
The big  problem in trying to paint any big engine is getting every  part of
the casting smoth and dirt, greese free just as if you where useing any kind
of paint. if you use body shop mud,iceing it has to be able to with stand
400 degrees at 20 or 30 minuits. there is a body filler with metal in it
that you can use. Powder coat is neat its messy cause your blowing a powder
on the metal parts with the help of static electricty to suck it( the
powder ) into all the cracks and crevices then heat is used to melt the
powder in to a very nice hig gloss finish There is a art into powder coating
just like spray painting its not quite as easy to do as it sounds do a
search on powder coating here on the net and you will find out a better
explani then what i can do.
good luck
Don in Ohio